Both residential homes and commercial businesses have one thing in common: the potential for harmful mold in bathrooms and grout, and around windows where condensation is most prevalent. While carpet cleaning and tile and grout cleaning in Kansas City can clean your home, it is important to also note the presence of mold so it can be safely handled and removed from the area. Home remedies and cleaning companies who are not trained in proper mold removal procedures can lead to the spread of mold colonies and a much bigger problem than originally anticipated. Opt for a company with decades of mold remediation experience like Steamatic of Kansas City for the best results.
There is no one type of mold to look for. They all look different and cause different symptoms in those around them. The most common types of mold in Kansas City are:
- Alternaria. This mold prefers damp places like bathrooms or around kitchen sinks. Water damage is the most common cause of Alternaria, which spreads to other parts of the home easily.
- Aspergillus. This common type of mold can be found worldwide. It is generally black and patchy in appearance, and it can creep up anywhere – even on walls.
- Cladosporium. This mold is capable of growing in both warm and cool climates, making it a sneaky invader even in the winter. Cladosporium can thrive on any surface including fabrics and wood.
- Fusarium. This type of mold is most prevalent in carpet which has sustained water damage in Kansas City. Many homeowners do not realize this type of mold is in their homes because carpet fibers disguise it so well.
- Penicillium. This is another type of mold frequently found in areas that have experienced water damage. Carpet, wallpaper, insulation, and home furnishings should all be thoroughly cleaned to prevent penicillium colonies. This mold is usually blue or green in color.
- Stachybotrys. This slimy black mold is probably the most well-known of the bunch. Black mold is easily identified due to its characteristic appearance and produces the most harmful mycotoxins of all, which cause severe health problems.
These common types of mold release spores into the air when disturbed and can be extremely harmful. Common symptoms reported after coming into contact with mold are fatigue, asthma attacks, chronic sinus infections, and allergic reactions. People may also notice respiratory difficulties, including infections.
It is not enough to simply identify mold – it must also be removed properly by a trained professional to avoid spreading the mold colonies or aggravating the infestation. Mold remediation has proved extremely effective in Kansas City and is one of the best ways to remove these potentially hazardous molds.
Trained professionals like those at Steamatic of Kansas City take the presence of mold very seriously because we understand the impact it can have on your life. Our team has years of experience safely removing various types of mold to promote health and safety for you and your loved ones. Your services include:
- Complete inspection of the affected area
- Construction of containment barriers to prevent spread of mold
- Sealing/removal of affected areas
- Environment stabilization
- Anti-microbial air cleansing process
- Clearance testing
If there is mold in your home or workplace, don’t wait for someone to get sick before reaching out for professional help. Contact us today and allow a professional team to evaluate the area and take necessary precautions to eliminate hazardous materials. Take charge of your health today! Clean air and a safe environment are within reach.
5 Things You’ll Notice After Kansas City Carpet Cleaning
Many Kansas City homeowners think professional carpet cleaning is only for people who don’t have time to clean their own homes or who are hypersensitive to the way their homes look. Nothing could be further from the truth! Professional carpet cleaning services are beneficial for all homeowners, family sizes, and income levels; this specialized type of cleaning actually promotes better living. Steamatic of Kansas City has heard numerous success stories from homeowners who are fed up with traditional cleaning methods and want something better. Let us introduce you to your new favorite home service.
Reduced Allergy Symptoms. Mold, dust mites and pollen that irritate allergy symptoms are obliterated with steam cleaning carpet treatments. You should feel comfortable in your own home no matter the season! Stuffy noses and itchy eyes are a thing of the past with detailed professional home cleaning. Experience life with a clear mind and a clean home. We’ll help you kick allergy symptoms to the curb in no time.
Fewer Illnesses. Superheated steam kills germs, bacteria and microorganisms that hide in carpet fibers. If left untreated, these germs can be stirred up as guests walk over carpets, ceiling fans lift air up into the room, and pets roll around with their favorite toys. Experience a heightened immune system and fewer instances of illness with reduced numbers of illness-causing bacteria in your home.
Improved Carpet Quality. Old carpets are restored with professional carpet cleaning services. When rocks, dirt, and plant fibers make their way into your home they grind against carpet fibers. The friction can actually destroy carpet pile and cause it to “wilt” down into the ground. Carpet that has lost its original shape can frequently be restored by removing these damaging factors from the base of the carpet. Not only will your carpet have renewed color and shape, but the life of home carpets is frequently extended with regular professional carpet cleaning as well!
Pet Odors Vanish. Cats who spray and puppies who have accidents are a homeowner’s worst nightmare. Cleaning up after pets can get rid of immediate staining, but scents frequently linger even after treated with odor remover and baking soda. Professional carpet cleaning can restore the look and smell of your home’s carpeted areas to eliminate mystery scents floating in the air.
New Hobbies. Carpet cleaning in Kansas City can prompt homeowners to take up new hobbies just to enjoy their clean carpets that much more! Many homeowners report taking up yoga or playing with the children on the floor. Pets receive more belly rubs from owners who are willing to sit on the floor. Everyone wins with clean flooring!
With professional steam cleaning services in Kansas City, parents can rest easy knowing their pets and children are playing on carpet free from allergens, germs and other nasty harbingers of illness. Steamatic of Kansas City encourages anyone interested in healthier lifestyles to call now and try professional steam cleaning services. The results might surprise you!